Thursday, September 17, 2009

McCain is Mad, But Who Cares?

Tweet from White House correspondent Mark Knoller:

Sen. John McCain disappointed by Obama missile decision. McCain says it could undermine perceived American leadership in Eastern Europe.

Am I the only one who really doesn't care what the 2nd place candidate in the recent presidential election thinks? I voted for Obama and one of my top reasons was I perceived him a diplomat. I perceived McCain a hot head with a penchant for gimmicks and rash decision-making. Anyway, George Stephanopoulos shares McCain's whole statement here.

While I'm holding out to see how POTUS will really handle the "wars" in Afghanistan and Iraq, I'm glad we're making more moves that will strengthen our diplomatic relations around the world.

Not sure what this is all about? Read about it here. Note, POTUS is not getting rid of the missile defense system (which I'd like), he is merely scrapping it in its present form. But still, some take this is a good step in the diplomatic direction.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! He doesn't get to give a report card of President Obama's performance. I'm sorry I've always said, POW's does not equate to superior military experience or diplomacy. It's an unfortunate experience for anyone but it does not make you better suited to be commander in chief.

    ReplyDelete